Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 7: NDH

Week of  Nov. 10th
As the class is beginning to get more into the process of completing the National History Day projects the difficulty is increasing. Personally I am finding the research part of it all super overwhelming because it is just so much to think about and very stressful because I know it is the base of the entirety of my paper for the NDH. The hardest part is locating the primary sources. You really have to search around and dig for information. For a majority of the time of my research I was following link after link after link; meaning I had to uncover the sources that I found cited on other places. Over all the research phase just was time consuming and to be honest a lot of work with a ton of dead ends where I found nothing. I feel like once I get all the information and outlining down solidly that the whole writing process will go smoothly By that given point I hope it to just be a plug and chug sort of thing. Obviously with fixing the rough spots and basically polishing the paper up along with adding the final details. This project is honestly quite interesting in the fact that it revolves around the affect of what each person did rather than just a biography of the given person's life. The legacy and changes that the people did are what truly matter in the future which I feel like some people forget to looks at. They focus on what the person did and neglect to ask, "how does that effect my life, today?" I look back I can honestly say that I did not even think about that question. How is the NDH going for everyone else? What do you find to be hardest? What is the easiest? What do you look forward to doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment