Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 4: Unit 1 test

Date of Week: September 29th - October 3rd
Unit 1 Test
The first test of the year is coming up and I am quite busy preparing for said test. To be honest I am a bit more worried for this test because it is an open notes test. I am concerned about finishing the test in time, which is only going to be one class period. The material that will be covered includes everything spanning from the signing of the Declaration of Independence in 1776 to right before the beginning of the Civil War. There will be 5 sources that the students will have to analyze, show comprehension on trends (liberties and freedoms), and do OPVL. I tend to overwrite on my short answers and essays so during the test I will have to really be conscious of keeping my thoughts compact and concise while at the same time covering all the useful points in order to analyze the evidence. Another factor that plays into my uncertainty is that this is going to be the first time I will be taking a test in Mr. Hoffman's class and I do not quite know what exactly to expect. However I have been in his class for about 2 months now and can get a pretty good idea about how the questions will look and be graded at the end. I will just have to depend on my focus in class and reliant on my study habits that I have acquired over the years to carry me through this test. I am planning on looking over all my notes that I have already previously organized for the majority of my studying as well as holding a study group with some of my friends. I understand that I will only get out of this test what I put in. The grade will reflect my understanding and knowledge.     

1 comment:

  1. I was really nervous about this test too. I feel like it was a lot of writing, but it turns out we didn't need to have very much prior knowledge. I agree that time was a bit of an issue - a lot of people in our class finished right before the bell. There's usually a lot of uncertainty before the first test with a new teacher, but I felt that it went pretty well. I hope it was good for you!

    ReplyDelete